Let the conversations, laughter and tea flow with Bigelow Tea! We’re big fans of good food, good tea and good company—there’s nothing better than when all of these are combined. From galas and afternoon tea parties to tea-themed bridal showers and morning brunches, here are a few of our favorite tea-centric gatherings.
- A tea stand benefiting those in need: Here’s a story we couldn’t help but share! In Bigelow Tea’s home state of Connecticut, three young girls recently set up a tea stand to benefit a classmate’s family who lost their home in an explosion. Nine-year-old Jeslyn and her friends served iced tea to neighbors, and all the proceeds were given to the family in need. Amazing, right?
- Brunch with friends: Perhaps you need a gals’ day or a mommy’s morning out. Or maybe you want to gather a few long-time friends to catch up on life. Or, in the case of this writer’s friend, you need to break out a vintage tea set (family heirloom!) that you were gifted. Whatever the reason, brunch is always in season. Host a delightful mid-morning or afternoon tea party for friends—dress to the nines, bake a batch of scones and set the table with all things lovely. You can never go wrong with teacups and a pot of Earl Grey or “Constant Comment®” tea, and Bigelow Tea has just the party checklist for you!
- Kids, crafts, games and iced tea: Looking for a fun idea for the kids? Invite a few of their friends over, make a few pitchers of iced tea, cover the table in craft paper and set out bundles of markers for them to decorate the “tablecloth,” like this mom did! Add in a few kid-friendly crafts or board games and you have hours of fun in the making.
- Tea with dad: Navy veteran and California photographer Vanessa Hicks understands the sacrifices that military families make every day. That’s why she wanted to honor them by doing a tea party photo shoot. Vanessa captured several servicemen and their daughters enjoying tea together, and the photos that she shared are beautiful. As a third generation American family-owned and operated company, Bigelow Tea loves to see servicemen and women celebrated.
- Baby and bridal showers: Celebrate the bride or mom-to-be with a tea-themed shower! Whether indoor (formal tea) or outdoor (vintage-inspired garden party), tea time is the perfect backdrop for a shower. Have your dessert table filled with a variety of your favorite Bigelow teas, a selection of finger sandwiches, light appetizers, fresh fruit, teacakes, tarts, cookies and scones with Devonshire cream and jam. Some crowd-pleasing tea flavors are English Teatime, Lemon Lift, Green Tea, and Perfect Peach Herbal Tea.
- A tea party to show gratitude: A 2-year-old in Texas recently invited the police officer who saved her life last summer over for a tea party. Adorned in a flower crown and pearls, Bexley Norvell and her family hosted Corporal Patrick Ray to thank him once again for coming to her aid after she choked on a coin and almost lost her life. What a special way to mark the one-year anniversary of her life being saved!
Clearly, tea is the perfect way to help out, celebrate or say thanks. Whether you’re looking for an excuse to get together or need a themed party for a once-in-a-lifetime event, offering a cup of tea can make your next soirée even more special!