Sooo… this whole #TeaProudly thing… you’ve seen it on social media, maybe you’ve even used the hashtag. If not, let’s have a recap. First and foremost, #TeaProudly is a welcoming place that keeps all tea lovers informed about what’s brewing and gives rise to expression, both yours and ours together.
Where did it all begin, you may wonder? Well, you know how much we love tea at Bigelow. As a proud third generation family run business, our founder Ruth Campbell Bigelow created our flagship “Constant Comment” tea in 1945 and from that moment on—one tea bag at a time—we have reinvented tea in America by providing tea drinkers with a selection of more than 130 flavors of black, green, oolong, and herbal teas using premium ingredients and foil pouches for each tea bag, so you can sip and savor the highest quality, most delicious cup of tea (listen to president and CEO Cindi Bigelow explain #TeaProudly and what it means to the family and the company!).
But let’s get real, drinking tea is so much more, right?
- Tea is second only to water as the most widely consumed beverage in the world and we especially love that 82% of Americans drink tea—that’s more than 158 million people who count tea as a top beverage choice.
- Tea is now considered trendy, with 42 percent of Americans under age 30 preferring to drink tea and 27 percent drink tea exclusively. Historically, while tea holds a special place in many cultures near and far, today we consider tea drinking a proud American tradition!
- Tea is warm and cozy. It soothes the soul, one cup at a time.
- Tea connects people, invites conversation and makes memories.
- #TeaProudly is a celebration for those who take pride in even the little things. And for those who find joy in the simplicity of the day-to-day—like these awesome #TeaProudly mugs.
Just think, millions of us share the love of tea in common. This, we believe, is something to talk about… something to share. As an industry leader, we are taking the very tea movement
we inspired in America to the next level. We are building a Tea Proudly community and we’re welcoming tea lovers across the country to chime in.
Tell us why you #TeaProudly, why you make tea your beverage of choice, when you drink it, who you share your tea moments with, and what special memories have been made over a warm, beautiful cup of tea. And we showed you one of our favorite #TeaProudly mugs—what’s yours?
Join us at www.teaproudly.com and tag your special moments (and mugs!) using #TeaProudly and let’s share a cup or two together! And while celebrating our tea drinking together, why not win tea prizes by entering here!! Good luck!